Dog Biscuit Recipes
The best dog treats your dog will ever have are those that you make in your very own kitchen using your dog biscuit recipes. If you truly love your pet it’s time to gather up a few recipes and head to your kitchen to make up a batch of homemade dog biscuits that your dog will surely love.
Most dog owners find it much easier to grab a few premade treats from the supermarket but when you consider the cost savings of making your own plus the fact that you know exactly what you’re giving your dog making your own biscuits is definitely worth the effort. Here are some things that you will have control over when making biscuits from your dog biscuit recipes.
The Ingredients – Unlike the store bought brands of dog biscuits the ones you make at home will have only the ingredients that you want to give to your dog. Make sure that you do some reading to familiarize yourself the ingredients that might not be safe for your dog and once you understand these the sky is the limit when it comes to the types of dog biscuits that you can make.
Level of complication – Most dog biscuit recipes are very simple, so simple in fact that you can even the kids can get involved. Once you get the hang of the recipes you will be making up batches of dog biscuits in 30 minutes or less. When you have time and have built up some experience in making dog biscuits you can make icing to use on the top and get creative with the design. Your dog might not be able to appreciate the design but he will sure enjoy the taste!
The Size of The Biscuits – Don’t you just hate it when you are forced to give your king sized dog small treats? Well by making your dog biscuits at home you can determine the size that you want the biscuits to be. From small to super large it will be a size and shape to suit your dog.
Your Dog’s Special Needs – If your dog has challenges with his weight or any particular allergies to certain foods you can bake your treats with the special needs of your dog in mind. This is a lot easier than searching for premade treats that might potentially hurt your dog.
Once you get baking you will see that there really is no limit to the possibilities to the homemade dog biscuits. Peanut butter dog treat for instance is a treat that almost every dog loves. Then there are organic treats, vegetarian treats and even gourmet treats is your dog has more a more discriminating taste bud. Oh but the dog biscuit recipes do not stop there, there are recipes for dog training, for dogs with dehydrated livers, for dental cleaning, inexpensive dog treats and even dog treats for a dog party.
If you’re still not convinced here are some other great reasons to make homemade dog treats:
- Homemade dog treats are great gifts to give to your friends with dogs.
- They cost less when you make them yourself using your own dog biscuit recipes.
- They are great for use at dog parties. Put your best treats on display and have a party that everyone, including the dogs, will remember.
- You have complete control on the ingredients so you know exactly what your dog is eating.
- Give your dog as many biscuits as he deserves without having to worry about him gaining too much weight as he would with store bought biscuits.
- Once word gets around about your tasty dog treats you can take a few orders and earn some extra money.
- Get the kids involved and have a blast in the kitchen.